Tuesday 15 June 2021

STEM Week Waikowhai Student Led Toolkits

 On Friday the 11th of June we had student led toolkits. Basicly Student led toolkits were based on STEM which standing for Science, Technolagy, Engeneering, Mathmatics. Also a thing were students from the senior classrooms had to present some kind of education app or thing to teach the class and show to the rest of the school. I was picked as a presenter an the thing I chose was ..... DRONES! Ta-da! I had a team of 3, the team consisted of me of course, my best friend Masi and my other friend Nerys. We were really hyped about using the drones and letting other people fly them, but soon enough would I realize this was a HUGE mistake. After that we picked each toolkit we wanted, We had three choices on each session and we had three sessions. Pretty weird right? 



The first toolkit I went too was my own. I went to the hall because thats where it was. Too my surprise there were 9 drones! We had about 15 people in our toolkit but only 13 came, sadly. Blah blah blah skip forward a bit because the rest was gonna make you fall asleep. I taught them how to use the Drones and thehy caught on quickly but unfortunitly the drones stopped working, I tried one for my self and THE DRONES CRASHED INTO THE WALL!! Everyone goes Ughhh why'd you do that? But they should have known  I wouldn't do that to my favorite drone. so, I knew they were broken. After that we just fused with our rivals Spheros, I wasn't pleased with this fusion but we had to make the sacrafice. We joined with Spheros and we actually got along?! Also here a picture of me and my team.

Next was my second toolkit was Piskel art! I had alot of fun there too! I made a pizza and 3 mushrooms. Very nice pictures too, I have some pictures at the bottom! We had so much time to create our things but I scrapped 2 ideas when they were half why done and I don't know why. After that we got to share, I was AMAZED on how people created such good art in such little time. One pixel art was A MOVING CAR and it looked soooo good! I had a good time there and I would finish my ones off but im too lazy to do so. Here's a picture of my mushrooms and my pizza! They weren't fully finished with the backrounds.





Third toolkit I did Brainbox! A box filled with bits and pieces to create things like a speaker, A fan and a  on and off switch that actually works! I arived there late and skipped the inroduction so I had no idea how to work this thing I just stuck pieces and pieces and eventually got it! I made alot of stuff with it, like a fan that spins and then flys up and blasts in the direction its pointing in, a speaker that can acually play the radio, then a lightbulb. I had so much fun there! But as I already told you I arived late so I didn't really get a turn or a play. I really enjoyed it there because it was a challenge! My little mind needed something to be puzzeled with and this was the thing! Sorry but there were no pictures for brainbox, again sadly.

Overall this day was fantastic, I wish it could have lasted longer. I think the school should do this 2 times a year. Atleast we ended things off with a bang. Thanks for reading this far and if you have questions or any statements go comment them down below! Only if you have time ofcourse, Adios bloggers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.